Bilingual MAT Case Manager Position Overview (posted 7/18/17)
The MAT (Medically Assisted Treatment) Case Manager will be working with clients who are enrolled in PPP’s Stabilization, Treatment, and Empowerment Program (STEP) and receiving medication-assisted treatment such as buprenorphine film (Suboxone) or extended release naltrexone injections (Vivitrol). The Case Manager will need to work collaboratively with clients to assess medical and psychosocial needs and to implement goals around their physical and behavioral health, housing, and psychosocial supports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Through internal referrals from other PPP programs, and through active recruitment on-site at the Syringe Exchange Program, recruit clients for STEP.
- Thoroughly assess participant readiness for and appropriate modes of treatment using evidence-based assessment tools.
- Facilitate regular psych-educational check-ins/groups that explore drug use, relapse prevention, recognizing triggers, and building coping skills.
- Conduct treatment, medication initiation, and adherence discussions with clients at regularly scheduled STEP sessions.
- Engage clients in meaningful and frank discussions about risk behaviors, including overdose and relapse risk. Help STEP clients identify triggers and supports to use to prevent and overcome relapse.
- Conduct client interviews to assess for medical and psychosocial needs. Use these assessments to inform participant goals in the program. Provide face-to-face, goal-directed care coordination sessions and linkage and adherence counseling.
- Refer and link clients to appropriate mental health services and encourage adherence to appointments.
- Coordinate client referrals to support groups, medical care, legal assistance, public benefits, identification procurement, and other supportive services.
- Coordinate referral to primary medical care, especially HIV primary care and Hepatology care. Conduct treatment and medication initiation and adherence discussions with clients at regularly scheduled sessions.
- Actively participate in supervision, team, and staff meetings.
- Keep accurate and comprehensive charts on clients, including information on client interviews, counseling sessions, referrals, and submit paperwork in a timely fashion. Perform data entry on a monthly basis using internal data bases, Evaluation Web, and CareWare.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and assist with additional operational needs including drop-in center coverage and answering the agency telephone.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in social work, or a related field.
- Experience working in the drug & alcohol field.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish).
Special consideration for those with:
- Experience facilitating psycho-educational groups
- Master's degree in social work or related field
- Two years' experience working with MAT
How to Apply:
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Bilingual MAT Case Manager as the subject. No calls will be taken for this position.