SEE ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS ATTACHED BELOW.
Prevention Point Philadelphia (PPP) is a multi-service public health organization dedicated to protecting the health and welfare of the homeless, drug users, sex workers, and the uninsured. PPP meets people where they are, providing information and access to resources with dignity and respect. Using a harm reduction approach, PPP offers low threshold, culturally sensitive, non-judgmental services to address the health and social service needs of people in Philadelphia. PPP promotes harm reduction through mobile medical care, sterile syringe exchange, referrals to social services, and comprehensive prevention case management services.
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Successful candidates will have 2 to 4 years of helpdesk and/or desktop experience. Preferred Education: A+ Certification and Network + Certification or demonstrated equivalent. It is a diverse business process environment that requires independent critical thinking.
- The Desktop Support Specialist provides day to day help desk support for the customer base of the Department of Technology and Information (DTI).
- Responsible for the execution of DTI Service Desk contact, problem, incident and request management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of all computer-related incidents.
- Responsible for escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities.
- Responsible for reporting incident status and system outage notifications to customers, technical staff and applicable management entities.
- Responsible for logging incidents and problem resolution activities into a computerized tracking system.
- Responsible for maintaining a robust and accurate knowledge base repository.
- Responsible for providing hands-on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support.
- Responsible for generating help desk related performance statistics, as required.
This is a diverse business process environment that requires independent critical thinking.
- Specialists perform basic troubleshooting of network connectivity and infrastructure issues.
- Interface with outside vendors (Verizon and others) to assist in team/and customer support for field locations related to outages and telecom issues.
- Basic troubleshooting of LAN/WAN issues
- Remote troubleshooting of desktop issues
- Thorough documentation and (when necessary) escalation of all incident tickets, utilizing our Service Delivery Tool (Service Now)
- Assess, report and communicate between all parties for problem resolution (including, but not limited to, field support deployment).
- Proactive responsiveness to time sensitive issues.
- Escalate complex issues as necessary
- Prior experience working in a technical phone support role (2 years)
- Prior experience with diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of computer related incidents (2 years)
- Prior experience providing hands on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support (1 year)
- Prior experience escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities (1 year)
- Prior work interfacing with outside vendors to assist in team/and customer support for field locations related to outages and telecom issues (1 year)
- Prior experience in a role that requires customer centric focus coupled with problem solving abilities (1 year)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong customer service skills
- Prior experience working with a service ticketing tool (1 year)
- Troubleshooting of basic LAN/WAN issues (1 year highly desired)
- Prior experience working multiple shifts (1 year desired)
Please send letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
EMERGENCY HOUSING SUPPORT STAFF
Emergency Housing Support Staff Position Overview:
PPP operates two emergency shelters for up to 80 homeless individuals. Every day guests are provided housing, food, showers, and other supportive services. Our goal is to assist these individuals with accessing necessary resources including long-term housing.
Support staff are responsible for creating and maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for guests. Staff are expected to build trusting relationships with guests and assist them in their efforts to secure housing and other necessary services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to engage, interact, and work toward fostering positive relationships with respite guests.
- Possess the ability to make quick and sound decisions within the respite environment.
- Assist housing coordinator and case management staff in connecting respite guests to necessary social services and community resources.
- Assist with emergency situations as needed. Be trained and willing to administer Narcan in the event of an opiate overdose.
- Maintain the safety and security of respite guests, co-workers, volunteers, equipment, and building. Regularly monitor the location and activity of all guests.
- Enforce all program policies and procedures.
- Assist in meal preparation and service.
- Assist with kitchen, bathroom, and common area clean-up as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely logs for each shift.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of and experience working with persons experiencing homelessness, substance use, and mental health issues.
- Dedication to assisting others while fostering their self-esteem and dignity.
- Commitment to a harm reduction philosophy including meeting people where they are and creating a safe, non-judgmental environment.
- Bi-lingual/Spanish speaking preferred
- Willing to familiarize self with and implement crisis de-escalation, overdose reversal, and mental health emergency protocols.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Emergency Housing Support Staff as the subject line.
CLICK ON THE FILE ATTACHMENTS BELOW FOR FULL EMPLOYMENT JOB DESCRIPTIONS or OTHER POSITIONS NOT LISTED ABOVE.